Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection.
SCHEDULING UPDATE – based on a directive from the Ohio Board of Dentistry and our governor Mike DeWine.
Dear Patients, Family & Friends:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past year. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety!
Westmeyer Dental has always made infection control a top priority, and you may have seen this during a visit to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies recommendations.
We have made changes to help protect our patients & staff:
- The use of a mask is required in our building.
- When you arrive for your scheduled appointment you will be asked screening questions and your temperature will be taken.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask that you use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room has reduced seating to allow for social distancing. We will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distance in between patients. During this reopening period, this might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust & loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back to our office!
Dr. Andrew Westmeyer & the Westmeyer Dental Team